Uf dissertation is evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The relevance of the research topic;
- the volume of work performed;
- research independence;
- knowledge of scientific doctrine and law enforcement practice on the research topic;
- significance for the science of the conclusions and proposals made by the author;
- the ability to apply the results in scientific research, practical work or in the educational process;
- literacy and logic of presentation of the material in the dissertation research;
- the quality of the report on the thesis defense;
- the correctness and completeness of the answers to the questions asked during the defense, and to the comments of the reviewer;
- availability of publications, speeches of a graduate student at scientific conferences.
Assessment submitted to the defense of a uf dissertation is carried out by members of the SJC, based on the degree of relevance of the chosen topic, analysis of scientific papers on this topic, analysis of statistical and other materials, as well as materials of judicial practice on the chosen topic and the validity of conclusions and proposals, the level of scientific novelty of the dissertation research, and the scientific and practical significance of its results.
The grade “excellent” means that the dissertation was made in accordance with the target setting, meets the requirements and is designed in accordance with the standard. The dissertation research has a high level of scientific novelty, scientific, and practical significance of its results.
The dissertation report is structured and reveals the reasons for the choice and the relevance of the topic, the purpose of the work and its tasks, the subject, the object and the chronological framework of the study, and the logic of the derivation of each of the most significant conclusion. The final part of the report shows the prospects and objectives for further research on this topic, highlights the issues of scientific novelty and the practical significance of the results of the study.
The final word of the dissertation is short but extensive in essence. The widespread use and confident use of new information technologies in the report is essential.